WE WILL RAISE OUR VOICES AGAIN ...
It is with sadness but inescapable realism that we have cancelled our May 17 performance of Brahms Requiem at Christ & St. Stephen's Church. We hope to bring you this magnificent work at a later date, as well as many other joyful concerts filled with offerings from a variety of celebrated composers. Watch for updates on this website and our Facebook page.
We wanted to share with you some thoughts from Director Martin Rutishauser to our choir members:
When we are all able to sing together again, rehearsals will resume on Wednesdays at 7:45 pm at The Collegiate School at 301 Freedom Place South. We always welcome new members of all voice types (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone/bass) to join our community choir. No audition is required. See our About page for more information.
In the meantime, may you and your loved ones stay well.
DIRECTIONS TO COLLEGIATE SCHOOL ON FREEDOM PLACE
- M72-starts at B’way & 72nd Street, goes west on B’way, goes down West End Avenue; or crosses 57th street and goes up West End Avenue.
- #1 train to 65th Street. Walk from there or take M65 bus west.
- M11 runs down Columbus Ave, runs up Amsterdam Ave.
- Any train to Columbus Circle, but that’s a longer walk to school.
- Note: 62nd Street does not run through to Freedom Place South.
To listen to our previous performances, click here.
For news and updates, follow the Collegiate Singers of NYC on Facebook.
Please support our singers by visiting our DONATE page. Your donations will enable us to hire local soloists and musicians to join us for our concerts, as well as continue to grow our intern program and community outreach performances.