We will be performing two works by Ralph Vaughan Williams: Dona Nobis Pacem with soloists and orchestra, and Ca' the Yowes, at our next concert on May 19, 2019. Rehearsals will begin on January 16 at our rehearsal venue - The Collegiate School at 301 Freedom Place South. New members of all voice types (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone/bass) are welcome to join us this season. See our About page for more information.
Our recent fall concert featured Maurice Duruflé's Ubi Caritas and Charles Gounod's Messe Solennelle Sainte Cécile (St. Cecilia Mass) at Christ & Saint Stephen's Church, 120 West 69th Street (between Columbus Avenue and Broadway).
Please support our singers by contributing to our current GoFundMe campaign (click here). Your donations will enable us to hire local soloists and musicians to join us for our concerts, as well as continue to grow our intern program and community outreach performances.
DIRECTIONS TO COLLEGIATE SCHOOL ON FREEDOM PLACE
- M72-starts at B’way & 72nd Street, goes west on B’way, goes down West End Avenue; or crosses 57th street and goes up West End Avenue.
- #1 train to 65th Street. Walk from there or take M65 bus west.
- M11 runs down Columbus Ave, runs up Amsterdam Ave.
- Any train to Columbus Circle, but that’s a longer walk to school.
- Note: 62nd Street does not run through to Freedom Place South.
To listen to our previous performances, click here.
For news and updates, follow the Collegiate Singers of NYC on Facebook.