Our spring concert on Sunday, May 19, was filled with glorious, inspiring music which culminated in a standing ovation. We performed two works by Ralph Vaughan Williams: Dona Nobis Pacem with soloists and full orchestra, and Ca' the Yowes. Also on our program - George Frideric Handel's Zadok the Priest and Thomas Tallis' If ye love me.
We will be performing Handel's Messiah at our December 8 concert. New members of all voice types (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone/bass) are welcome to join us this season. No audition required. Rehearsals begin Wednesday, September 11 at The Collegiate School at 301 Freedom Place South. See our About page for more information.
DIRECTIONS TO COLLEGIATE SCHOOL ON FREEDOM PLACE
- M72-starts at B’way & 72nd Street, goes west on B’way, goes down West End Avenue; or crosses 57th street and goes up West End Avenue.
- #1 train to 65th Street. Walk from there or take M65 bus west.
- M11 runs down Columbus Ave, runs up Amsterdam Ave.
- Any train to Columbus Circle, but that’s a longer walk to school.
- Note: 62nd Street does not run through to Freedom Place South.
To listen to our previous performances, click here.
For news and updates, follow the Collegiate Singers of NYC on Facebook.
Please support our singers by visiting our DONATE page. Your donations will enable us to hire local soloists and musicians to join us for our concerts, as well as continue to grow our intern program and community outreach performances.